Around 200 ROTC cadets from 18 different colleges and universities in the region finished their Academic Phase Training on Military Science (MS) 31-32 and MS 41-42 on Monday.
The closing and donning of ranks ceremony was held at the headquarters of the 10th Infantry Division in Camp General Manuel T. Yan Sr., Barangay Tuboran, Mawab, Davao de Oro.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the division public affairs office chief, said Col. Rodrigo T. Gregorio, the assistant division commander for Retirees and Reservists Affairs, welcomed the participants of the ceremony.
In his welcome remarks, Gregorio said, “We hope we were able to impart you with knowledge and skills and new perspective as you pursue your dreams of becoming leaders of our country,” Gregorio said.
Also, Gregorio led the donning of ranks and oath-taking of three new majors to be members of the 11th RCDG namely, Maj. Roy B. Ferrer (Res) PA- president and CEO, Philhealth; Maj. Lazaro M. Atencio (Res) PA- Preaching Pastor; and Maj. Erwin O. Montebon (Res) PA-School Principal.
Col. Maning S. Tawantawan INF, group commander, 11RCDG, Arescom presented the general orders. He proceeded with the declaration of graduates after Lt. Col. Antonio O. Abregana Jr. (INF) PA, training director of MS 31/32 and 41/42 CL 01-2019, presented the graduating students.
The guest of honor and speaker of the event was Lt. Col. Jayvee Tyron L. Uy (Res) PA, provincial governor of Davao de Oro, who led the distribution of certificates and awards to the graduating students.
The 10ID, meanwhile, congratulated the 11RCDG and its training directorate for helping 205 advanced ROTC cadets graduate in their academic phase training.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories