A man was arrested after he was caught with P18,000 worth of suspected shabu in an anti-illegal drug operation by joint elements of the Bunawan police, Task Force Davao, and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI on May 27.
Col. Consolito Yecla, the commander of TF Davao, identified the suspect as Jerry Villarreiz Dureza Jr., 31, married, laborer, and a resident of Dona Luisa Subdivision was arrested in a buy-bust operation in R. Castillo Agdao, Davao City at 2:10 p m.
Yecla said the operation was launched based on the information from a walk-in informant at the Licanan, Lasang checkpoint.
The authorities confiscated three sachets of shabu from the pockets of Dureza.
Report said the item weighed more or less 1.2 grams with an estimated street value of P18,000 and the P500 marked money.
Meanwhile, in an interview, Yecla urged the public to report any suspicious activities or people in their communities.
“We encourage the public to be the ‘eyes and ears’ of your community by reporting suspicious persons and activities in their areas. Any relevant information will be of great help for our security forces,” he said.
“Rest assured that despite our focus on our mandate to address terrorism, we will not lose sight on the drugs scourge and will actively support the PDEA in its endeavors,” he added.
Maj. Noel Villahermosa, the Bunawan Police Station commander, said that the suspect was turned over to them. They are preparing the criminal charge in violation of sections 5 and 11 of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art