The Departmnet of Health (DOH) in the region has implemented the Enhanced 4S strategy as it renewed its campaign against dengue.
“The 4S in the ‘Enhanced 4S” strategy stands for – search and destroy breeding sites; seek early consultation; self-protection; and say ‘yes’ to fogging only on areas with an an increasing cases for two consecutive weeks,” said Antonietta P. Ebol, the Regional Dengue Control and Prevention Program manager.
“Before, we were hesitant to conduct fogging but now it is officially part of our enhanced 4S,” she added.
The decision to officially include fogging in the campaign is referred to the successful implementation of indoor residual spraying as part of the malaria control program.
“There’s a very good experience on the indoor residual spraying of the malaria program. It helps in lowering the numbers of malaria cases which eventually reached to zero so that adapted in the dengue program,” Ebol said.
On June 28, the DOH XI will be conducting a city-wide cleanup drive as part of its campaign against dengue, and also to raise awareness among public on the new strategy.
In 2019, dengue cases in the whole region climbed to 2,468 from 1,050 in 2018 for the period of January to May.
Ebol said they are reviving the task force dengue to closely monitor all barangays in implementing preventive measures against dengue.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence