The Departmnet of Health (DOH) in the region has implemented the Enhanced 4S strategy as it renewed its campaign against dengue.
“The 4S in the ‘Enhanced 4S” strategy stands for – search and destroy breeding sites; seek early consultation; self-protection; and say ‘yes’ to fogging only on areas with an an increasing cases for two consecutive weeks,” said Antonietta P. Ebol, the Regional Dengue Control and Prevention Program manager.
“Before, we were hesitant to conduct fogging but now it is officially part of our enhanced 4S,” she added.
The decision to officially include fogging in the campaign is referred to the successful implementation of indoor residual spraying as part of the malaria control program.
“There’s a very good experience on the indoor residual spraying of the malaria program. It helps in lowering the numbers of malaria cases which eventually reached to zero so that adapted in the dengue program,” Ebol said.
On June 28, the DOH XI will be conducting a city-wide cleanup drive as part of its campaign against dengue, and also to raise awareness among public on the new strategy.
In 2019, dengue cases in the whole region climbed to 2,468 from 1,050 in 2018 for the period of January to May.
Ebol said they are reviving the task force dengue to closely monitor all barangays in implementing preventive measures against dengue.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market