Streets surrounding Rizal Park will be closed to vehicular traffic and public use during the thanksgiving party of the Hugpong ng Pagbabago (HNP) dubbed as “Daghang Salamat, Davao City” set on the last day of the month.
The city council has passed the measure for the closure of the street from 12:01 a.m. of May 31 (Friday) until 6 a.m. the following day.
The councilors agree to close the following streets/roads:
- The portion of Bolton Street in between Rizal Park and City Council Building, from corner San Pedro Street to corner Magallanes Street;
- City Hall Drive right side, from between Quezon and Rizal parks up to the City Engineer’s Office and City Planning and Development Office;
- and the road fronting City Hall.
Organizers are expecting 10,000 individuals to join in the event. A dinner will be served.
The HNP is the regional party chaired by Mayor Sara Duterte. It endorsed 13 pro-admin senatorial candidates in the midterm elections.
In the city, the 12 leading senators all belong to the NHP.
“I am humbled as I bow. I am not a person who cries easily but when it was definite that Davao City delivered a 12-0 vote for Senators of HNP, the tears flowed and the sobbing followed,” the Mayor said in an Instagram post upon learning the results from the Davaoeño voters.
Nine out of the 13 NHP-endorsed candidates won in the senatorial race.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online