A two-story school building in Barangay Buhangin Proper, Buhangin District was razed Thursday night, damaging close to P3 million of government properties.
Senior Fire Officer 2 Ramil Gillado, the chief investigation officer of the Bureau of Fire and Protection XI, said the two-story educational building of Bernardo Carpio National High School in Pioneer Village, Buhangin was hit by fire at around 10:58 p.m. Thursday.
The fire started at the upper portion of the building. Initial investigation pointed electrical short circuit as the probable cause.
Immediately firefighters and volunteers responded and placed the fire under controlled an hour later.
There was no reported casualty.
Probers estimated that the fire damaged P2.9 million worth of school properties.
The building stores several training equipment including updated machineries for senior high school.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls