A two-story school building in Barangay Buhangin Proper, Buhangin District was razed Thursday night, damaging close to P3 million of government properties.
Senior Fire Officer 2 Ramil Gillado, the chief investigation officer of the Bureau of Fire and Protection XI, said the two-story educational building of Bernardo Carpio National High School in Pioneer Village, Buhangin was hit by fire at around 10:58 p.m. Thursday.
The fire started at the upper portion of the building. Initial investigation pointed electrical short circuit as the probable cause.
Immediately firefighters and volunteers responded and placed the fire under controlled an hour later.
There was no reported casualty.
Probers estimated that the fire damaged P2.9 million worth of school properties.
The building stores several training equipment including updated machineries for senior high school.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission