A two-story school building in Barangay Buhangin Proper, Buhangin District was razed Thursday night, damaging close to P3 million of government properties.
Senior Fire Officer 2 Ramil Gillado, the chief investigation officer of the Bureau of Fire and Protection XI, said the two-story educational building of Bernardo Carpio National High School in Pioneer Village, Buhangin was hit by fire at around 10:58 p.m. Thursday.
The fire started at the upper portion of the building. Initial investigation pointed electrical short circuit as the probable cause.
Immediately firefighters and volunteers responded and placed the fire under controlled an hour later.
There was no reported casualty.
Probers estimated that the fire damaged P2.9 million worth of school properties.
The building stores several training equipment including updated machineries for senior high school.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories