Two treasure hunters died in a rockslide in Barangay Tapak, Paquibato District Thursday afternoon.
Capt. Maria Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified the two as Paquibato District residents Ernesto Alicabo Cabiles, 68, married, of Purok Perfect Harmony, Barangay Malabog, and Junite Eben Hurtil Jr., 19, single, of Purok 2, Barangay Sumimao.
The two were reportedly doing manual drilling in their treasure hunting site in Sitio Tipakis when a landslide occurred around 3 p.m. Thursday. The two were directly hit by a rockslide.
Report said the victims sustained serious physical injuries.
Witnesses immediately carried the two but they expired on their way to Barangay Salapawan, also in Paquibato District.
The bodies of the victims were brought to Rivera Funeral parlor in Sitio Licanan, Barangay Alejandra Navarro (Lasang), Bunawan District.
The DCPO reported that around 9 p.m., David Matabia, a purok chair in Barangay Tapak, asked police assistance following the incident.
Paquibato is a far-flung mountainous district in the second congressional district.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market