An unidentified man was found in Purok 1, Barangay New Carmen, Tugbok District at 10:40 p.m. last Tuesday.
Barangay Captain Jerry T. Ceballos requested police assistance after finding the body.
The man was described to be between 30 and 35 years old, around five-feet tall, with a slim built, long hair, and brown complexion. He was wearing a pair of printed short pants, and brown jacket.
Upon investigation, the man was apparently run over by an Isuzu dumptruck owned by Maxan Construction and Trucking and driven by Jiovanni Gallego Quiao, 25.
Quiao surrendered and was turned over to the Tugbok Police Station. He will be facing a case of reckless imprudence resulting in homicide.
The remains of the victim were brought to Angel Funeral Homes in Calinan.
Nobody has yet come forward to identify the body.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again