Three deaths and over 100 drug suspects were arrested by agents of the Police Regional Office 11 in various anti-drug operations since the first day of May.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, police regional director, said 23 of the arrested 101 individuals were in the Police Drug Watchlist.
Morales said they conducted 78 anti-illegal drug operations from May 1 to 19.
Most of the arrests were done in Davao City as the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) collared 67 suspects out of 53 operations conducted.
The Davao del Norte Police Provincial Office (DNPPO) followed with 15 persons arrested in nine drug operations.
The Davao Oriental PPO arrested nine persons in six operations, while both the Compostela Valley PPO and the Davao del Sur PPO arrested five suspects each.
No arrest was made in Davao Occidental.
Morales said they seized a total of 180 sachets of shabu, with an estimated value of P884,000, and few grams of marijuana with an estimated value of P4,200.
The arrest of Jossone Michael Gonzales Dayanghirang, a son of Governor Nelson Dayanghirang Sr., was cited as the biggest accomplishment during the period.
Dayanghirang, alias Johnson, 32, and his companion, Rojhel Abear Sanchez, alias Ivan, 28, were arrested on May 8 at an apartelle in Juna Subdivision, Barangay Matina Crossing by DCPO agents.
A 17-year-old out-of-school trisikad driver, named Joven, was killed in a buy-bust operation in Bucana last May 4.
He was tagged as a “notorious robbery-holdup suspect” who victimized a taxi driver on April 27 along Quimpo Boulevard.
- Concepcion, Austriaco ask IATF to begin pandemic exit plan for Ph
- ROUGH CUTS | The Garcia dominance’s acid test
- Only 150,000 received booster shots | mayor
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Group welcomes House approval to place of DavNor, Maco under DLPC
- 2 nabbed for marijuana
- House gives final nod on bill allowing DLPC to serve DN
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JANUARY 26, 2022
- Converge leads Netflix’ ISP Speed Index in December 2021
- Concepcion, experts urge return to pre-omicron protocols