A member of the Barangay 1-A council was accused of harassing a constituent and her family.
The letter complaint against barangay kagawad Welly Bajao from one Lorita Lacerona was addressed to the Department of Interior and Local Government XI regional director, Alex Roldan.
The DILG official, in turn, endorsed the complaint to the committee on ethics of the City Council and was passed on first reading during the regular session on Tuesday.
Under Section 61 (c) of RA 7160 or the Local Government Code, the Sangguniang Panlungsod has jurisdiction over administrative cases against erring elective barangay officials.
In her affidavit-complaint, Lacerona said Bajao “came to my house without any valid reason and told me in the presence of my family and grandchildren in the vernacular and I quote ‘IPA GUBA NAKO NA IMONG BALAY (I will have your house demolished).”
Lacerona also filed a blotter at the San Pedro Police Station.
“This caused fear and discomfort to my family and grandchildren,” Lacerona said in her statement.
Lacerona also stated Bajao has been harassing her “for four instances already, including the one which happened on April 17, 2019.”
Lacerona also said there’s no legal basis to tear down their house since Bajao could not produce a court order authorizing the demolition.
“That there was also no notice from any government agency that required me and family to leave the lot where we constructed our house. We have been residing in this lot for so many years and I am now in process of submitting the needed documents to perfect my claims over the lot where our house stands,” she added.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021