A large Chinese cloud computing company, Alibaba Cloud International, officially confirmed its participation in the 5th Davao Investment Conference (Davao Icon) on June 20-21, 2019, said Dr. Maria Lourdes Monteverde, chair of the event.
Alibaba cloud is a subsidiary of Alibaba Group that serves as its data intelligence backbone and is known to having a global impact.
At the Wednesdays @ Habi at Kape – Abreeza, Monteverde, former president of the organizing Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry, said they are banking on good relationship between the Philippines and China and that the participation of Alibaba in the event will tighten the bond between them.
Representatives of the Alibaba Cloud will discuss Information and Communication Technology (ICT), specifically the fourth industrial revolution and how cloud computing technology would impact commercial transaction in a global scale, she said.
“I think the capability of Davao to take part of that technological opportunity is very high because we are very literate,” John Carlo Tria, executive vice president of the organization, said.
Tria added that the company’s new solutions could also help small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in promoting and selling their local products “to a wider array of possible buyers.”
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021