A 24-year-old bus passenger was arrested after authorities allegedly found P15,000 worth of marijuana in his possession at the checkpoint in Barangay Sirawan, Toril District on Monday night.
Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, the OIC of the Toril Police Station, identified the suspect as Nikko Tagunod Dabatos, single, unemployed, and a resident of One Oasis, Ecoland.
Clamor said Dabatos was carrying one bundle of white newspaper containing dried marijuana leaves with fruiting tops.
He was arrested around 8 p.m. by a joint team of the Toril police, led by Clamor, and Task Force Davao personnel led by Maj. Reynaldo Geslaga, the base commander.
The contraband was discovered by CAA II Joel Chavez Jr who allegedly saw the suspect threw the bundle under the chair of the Mindanao Star Bus coming from General Santos City.
The suspect is now temporary held in the police station for proper disposition while the recovered item was turned over to the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency laboratory for tests.
Meanwhile, a case for violation of Sec. 11 of R.A 9165 is being prepared against the said suspects
- Security forces support Baste leading RPOC XI
- Davao City jail opens mini-library
- Optimized security
- 3 arrested for drugs, unlicensed gun at checkpoint
- The New Channel: Always looking for the next highlighting its social advocacy, Global Women Who RULE 2023
- AirAsia Philippines records 95% increase in March bookings
- CDRRMO rates quake drill response at 8 or 9
- 174 PDLs test negative in random jail drug test
- UM founder to be honored by CPAs
- Classes canceled