A 24-year-old bus passenger was arrested after authorities allegedly found P15,000 worth of marijuana in his possession at the checkpoint in Barangay Sirawan, Toril District on Monday night.
Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, the OIC of the Toril Police Station, identified the suspect as Nikko Tagunod Dabatos, single, unemployed, and a resident of One Oasis, Ecoland.
Clamor said Dabatos was carrying one bundle of white newspaper containing dried marijuana leaves with fruiting tops.
He was arrested around 8 p.m. by a joint team of the Toril police, led by Clamor, and Task Force Davao personnel led by Maj. Reynaldo Geslaga, the base commander.
The contraband was discovered by CAA II Joel Chavez Jr who allegedly saw the suspect threw the bundle under the chair of the Mindanao Star Bus coming from General Santos City.
The suspect is now temporary held in the police station for proper disposition while the recovered item was turned over to the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency laboratory for tests.
Meanwhile, a case for violation of Sec. 11 of R.A 9165 is being prepared against the said suspects
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories