A 24-year-old bus passenger was arrested after authorities allegedly found P15,000 worth of marijuana in his possession at the checkpoint in Barangay Sirawan, Toril District on Monday night.
Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, the OIC of the Toril Police Station, identified the suspect as Nikko Tagunod Dabatos, single, unemployed, and a resident of One Oasis, Ecoland.
Clamor said Dabatos was carrying one bundle of white newspaper containing dried marijuana leaves with fruiting tops.
He was arrested around 8 p.m. by a joint team of the Toril police, led by Clamor, and Task Force Davao personnel led by Maj. Reynaldo Geslaga, the base commander.
The contraband was discovered by CAA II Joel Chavez Jr who allegedly saw the suspect threw the bundle under the chair of the Mindanao Star Bus coming from General Santos City.
The suspect is now temporary held in the police station for proper disposition while the recovered item was turned over to the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency laboratory for tests.
Meanwhile, a case for violation of Sec. 11 of R.A 9165 is being prepared against the said suspects
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month