The City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) has apprehended 23 public utility jeepney (PUJ) drivers for plying without their Public Utility Vehicle (PUV) drivers’ identification (ID) since last month.
CTTMO Chief Dionisio Abude said they started flagging down PUJs after receiving reports last month that some PUJ units do not have the drivers’ ID. A PUJ without a displayed driver’s ID could mean the unit doesn’t have franchise since IDs are only given to PUJs with valid franchises.
During the operations which started on last week of April, Abude affirmed that they need to improve the system on their records on drivers’ identification.
Some drivers’ IDs have different pictures from the CTTMO’s ID system.
“We want to investigate why their ID picture is different from the original,” Abude said in the sidelines of the flag ceremony yesterday at the City Hall grounds.
CTTMO personnel use smartphones to scan QR codes on the IDs to check if these were the same ones that the city government had issued.
Abude also reported that some drivers use fake IDs “because they have no franchise to show us.”
It was found out that some drivers, while having valid franchise, did not get their IDs at the CTTMO.
Abude said they already issued citation tickets to those who were caught plying their routes without IDs.
They were fined P1,000.
Abude said those who used fake IDs, once proven, will be jailed.
“We will endorse to the police whoever will be caught using fake IDs,” he said.
He also said that they monitor fake ID makers in Bolton.
“When I chaired the anti-scam unit (before), we have raided those fake ID makers in Bolton area,” said Abude.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art