The Regulation Licensing and Enforcement Division (RLED) of the Department of Health (DOH) 11 continues to coordinate with the Davao City Anti-Scam Unit (ASU) in investigating underground dental laboratory operations in the city.
“What we are doing now is coordinating with the anti-scam unit to assist us in the surveillance based on the information given to us by concerned citizens,” DOH 11 Licensing Officer Gil Cawad said on Monday.
Cawad said they have already conducted series of operations against underground laboratories but they refused to divulge the details.
“Last year, there was an anonymous (person) who sent us a letter. We evaluated it and we coordinated with the anti-scam unit because it’s beyond our capacity to conduct operations,” he said.
He explained that the dental services offered by these laboratories to the public are cheap compared to licensed dental prosthetic laboratories.
“Normally, people especially those who are ordinary income earner are tempted to go to these unlicensed laboratories,” he added.
Thus, DOH XI reminds the public not to avail of the services offered by the unlicensed hospitals, infirmary, birthing homes, blood services facilities, water testing laboratories and clinical laboratories.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence