Newly elected Third District Rep. Isidro Ungab said it’s high time for the House of Representatives to enter the 21st Century.
He told TIMES the Lower House should consider digitization and automation to speed up its processes.
Ungab said the way lawmakers pass laws is still Jurassic.
“In some Congresses, they now vote digitally. But, we still vote viva voce or through nominal voting,” he said.
“I will try my best to suggest to the next leadership that we are taking too much time in voting. We are taking two to three hours when we can make it in seconds,” Ungab added.
Share this post:
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy