Newly elected Third District Rep. Isidro Ungab said it’s high time for the House of Representatives to enter the 21st Century.
He told TIMES the Lower House should consider digitization and automation to speed up its processes.
Ungab said the way lawmakers pass laws is still Jurassic.
“In some Congresses, they now vote digitally. But, we still vote viva voce or through nominal voting,” he said.
“I will try my best to suggest to the next leadership that we are taking too much time in voting. We are taking two to three hours when we can make it in seconds,” Ungab added.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized