Newly elected Third District Rep. Isidro Ungab said it’s high time for the House of Representatives to enter the 21st Century.
He told TIMES the Lower House should consider digitization and automation to speed up its processes.
Ungab said the way lawmakers pass laws is still Jurassic.
“In some Congresses, they now vote digitally. But, we still vote viva voce or through nominal voting,” he said.
“I will try my best to suggest to the next leadership that we are taking too much time in voting. We are taking two to three hours when we can make it in seconds,” Ungab added.
Share this post:
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid