Newly elected Third District Rep. Isidro Ungab said it’s high time for the House of Representatives to enter the 21st Century.
He told TIMES the Lower House should consider digitization and automation to speed up its processes.
Ungab said the way lawmakers pass laws is still Jurassic.
“In some Congresses, they now vote digitally. But, we still vote viva voce or through nominal voting,” he said.
“I will try my best to suggest to the next leadership that we are taking too much time in voting. We are taking two to three hours when we can make it in seconds,” Ungab added.
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning