The regional police chief rated outgoing Davao City Police Office director, Col. Alexander Tagum, as “excellent.”
“He was able to rise up to the challenges,” Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales said. “The PNP was not a failure under the leadership of Col. Tagum.”
Tagum assumed his post in April 2017 and was supposed to end his term last month but Mayor Sara Duterte extended his term until July 3 due to the election period.
Also, Morales told reporters during the AFP-PNP forum in Mandaya hotel on Wednesday that they are still looking for officers to replace Tagum.
“As of now, our processing is still continuous on the list of candidates,” he said.
He said they are looking for professional experience, training, educational, work attitude, background, and capability to lead the DCPO.
“We are trying to limit to three names,” he said. “I’m just preparing names in case they will ask me but the final decision will come from the city mayor.”
He said the next DCPO director must have a background in Mindanao. Preferably, he would come from Davao City because he would know the terrain and local political arena.
But Morales said they haven’t yet reached out to Mayor Sara Duterte to help in the selection process. “I just made an initiative and ready to recommend to her,” he said.
The officer admitted that it’s very difficult to recommend names because if they fail, the blame will fall on his shoulders.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market