The Public Safety & Security Command Center (PSSCC) will handle the security protocol on the billeting areas for the 63rd National Private Schools Athletics Association (Prisaa) from May 19 to 24 to avoid a repeat of the robbery in the recent Palarong Pambansa.
“Our security cluster is always alert. We have already conducted a series of security meetings and hopefully, whatever we have discussed particularly on security coverage for the event will be followed,” PSSCC deputy head Angel Sumagaysay said during the iSpeak forum on Thursday.
Sumagaysay said the security force for the sporting event is divided into two teams that will be assigned in the billeting quarters and the playing venues.
“For the billeting, we have 2,478 (personnel) and for the playing venues, 1,000 (personnel). This is already finalized. We have already conducted coordination meetings with the security clusters,” he said.
He added that the security procedure for the event is “almost the same” with the Davao Region Athletics Association (DAVRAA) held last Jan. 27 to Feb. 2.
National Private School Athletic Association (Prisaa) president Ma. Lita Montalba added that “the discipline of Prisaa is very much different from the Palarong Pambansa because each region is bringing their own people”.
“They have their own doctors, nurses and quarter masters because the stealing did not happen outside so we cannot blame out police, it is within the quarter,” Montalban said.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos