Authorities already filed a case against two suspects caught distributing money along with sample ballots to residents of Barangay New Clarin, Bansalan, Davao del Sur around 10 a.m. on Sunday.
Speaking in yesterday’s AFP-PNP press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya Hotel, Brig. Gen Marcelo Morales, the director of Police Regional Office XI, said the case for vote buying was filed against the two suspects at the prosecutors office for violation of the Omnibus Election Code.
The suspects were identified as Jennifer Pangpang Abellanosa, 47, and Rodelo Juanilo Salupan, 39, both of Sitio Sto Niño, Bansalan. They are still detained in the Bansalan Municipal Police Station.
Morales said the two were allegedly caught by barangay officials in the act of giving money to the voters.
Recovered from their possession were seven empty small brown envelopes, a small brown envelope containing P500 with sample ballot, a bond paper containing the names and signatures of the persons who already received the envelops, and a yellow paper containing the names of the persons who will be given money and sample ballots.
Agents from the Bansalan Municipal Police Station, under the supervision of Maj. Rodante Variona, and the augmented personnel of the Regional Mobile Force Battalion, led by Maj. Alan Verginiza, went to Barangay New Clarin after receiving reports about the alleged vote buying.
Barangay chairman Hamiel Portarcos turned over the two suspects to the police.
The PRO XI Task Force Kontra Bigay also received reports of vote buying incidents in other towns. However, the reports in Asuncion, Talaingod and Dujali in Davao del Norte; Monkayo in Compostela Valley; San Isidro and Lupon in Davao Oriental all turned out to be negative.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success