The member of the first family seeking positions in the city were proclaimed by the Commission on Elections, Tuesday, after a clear landslide victory over their opponents.
Around 8:30 p.m. yesterday, Atty. Krisna Caballero, Comelec XI spokesperson, confirmed that siblings Mayor Sara Duterte, Paolo Duterte, and Sebastian Duterte won the election last May 13.
The reelectionist mayor gained a landslide vote of 580,058 against Jun Marcellones who got 4,262 votes.
Newcomer Sebastian “Baste” Duterte gained 587,579 votes for the vice mayoralty position. He ran unopposed.
Meanwhile, Paolo “Pulong” Duterte won the first district congressional seat after securing 197,024 votes.
None of the Duterte siblings were present during the proclamation.
Atty. Warren Leung, legal counsel of Hugpong ng Pagbabago, represented the mayor during the proclamation.
Meanwhile, Atty. Eduardo Legaspina, of the HNP and Marino Party-list group, represented Baste and Pulong in the proclamation.
The city recorded a 64.57% voter turnout out of the 984,608 registered voters.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy