The Eastern Mindanao Command yesterday said the election was generally peaceful under its area of responsibility.
Col. Ezra Balagtey, the spokesperson of EastMinCom, said they received no reports of violence that transpired when they started their assessment two days prior to election day.
Balagtey said while the Joint Elections Monitoring Action Center of Eastmincom and the Directorate for Integrated Police Operations received reports regarding glitches in vote counting machines and discrepancies in election paraphernalia, the election was quite peaceful and orderly.
Lt. Gen. Felimon T. Santos Jr., commander of EastMinCom, attributed the success to the cooperation and collaborative efforts of different election stakeholders.
“We are thankful for the cooperation of different stakeholders for adhering to the rules and regulations set forth in the conduct of the elections that we were able to sustain the peaceful environment during the duration of the elections,” Santos said.
“We also appreciate the sobriety of some of our voting public who experienced inconvenience, which is normal and the decisive action and calmness of the teachers who are administering the elections,” he added.
He also commended the police and military for securing the precincts and the voters.
The monitoring of the elections started on May 10 during the transmittal of the paraphernalia to the differetn polling centers. The Election Monitoring Action Centers, interconnected with the PNP, were activated from municipal, provincial, and regional levels to ensure a secure and safe electoral exercise.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art