A 20-year-old woman who was on her way to cast her vote yesterday figured in a motorcycle crash in Barangay Ilang, Bunawan District that led to the severing of her toes.
Major Noel Villahermosa, the commander of Bunawan Police Station, identified the victim as Jean Pagas, 20, of Pag-asa, Barangay Ilang.
Villahermosa said Pagas was back riding in the motorcycle driven by her husband, name not released, on their way to Sixto Babao Elementary School to cast their votes around 8 a.m. yesterday.
The motorcycle, a XRM 125, fell to the ground, and the wife’s skirt was snagged.
Reportedly, the toes of her foot were stuck on the spinning chain of the motorcycle.
This led to the amputation.
Responding Central 911 paramedics rushed her to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) for immediate intervention.
Villahermosa said the victim is still at the hospital and failed to cast her vote.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art