A 20-year-old woman who was on her way to cast her vote yesterday figured in a motorcycle crash in Barangay Ilang, Bunawan District that led to the severing of her toes.
Major Noel Villahermosa, the commander of Bunawan Police Station, identified the victim as Jean Pagas, 20, of Pag-asa, Barangay Ilang.
Villahermosa said Pagas was back riding in the motorcycle driven by her husband, name not released, on their way to Sixto Babao Elementary School to cast their votes around 8 a.m. yesterday.
The motorcycle, a XRM 125, fell to the ground, and the wife’s skirt was snagged.
Reportedly, the toes of her foot were stuck on the spinning chain of the motorcycle.
This led to the amputation.
Responding Central 911 paramedics rushed her to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) for immediate intervention.
Villahermosa said the victim is still at the hospital and failed to cast her vote.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories