The Commission on Elections (Comelec) said all polling precincts finished their voting operations by 7 o’clock last night.
Comelec spokesperson Krishna Caballero yesterday said some precincts were delayed due to malfunctioned voting counting machines (VCMs) and unexpected power interruptions.
This as they expect that all election paraphernalia from the 274 voting centers in the city should be retrieved by 10 o’clock last night.
“Our ballot boxes will be retrieved by our City Treasurer’s Office, our VCMs will be retrieved by our forwarder,” Caballero said yesterday afternoon.
She said Comelec will ensure that not even one election paraphernalia and supplies to be delivered to the central office will be left in the precinct.
By 4 p.m. yesterday, two hours before the voting hour cut off, the Comelec already prepared large boxes for each district in the city.
Important documents to be retrieved include Election Day Computerized Voters List (EDCVL), Posted Computerized Voters List (PCVL) and minutes of voting and counting of voters.
The Comelec is mandated to provide two copies of these documents to the City Treasurer’s Office (CTO), which will then transmit a copy to the assigned election officer. After which, the election officer will forward the copy to the Records and Statistics Division of the Election Records and Statistics Department in Manila.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JULY 22, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FASTLANES | Umang – the hermit crab
- BECOMING A DABAWENYO | Concerns about bicycle lanes
- FROM THE MAIL | Curbing Insurgency, a Duterte Legacy
- ROUGH CUTS | Signs of running scared?
- HIGH-VALUE TARGET | CTTMO worker caught in anti-drug entrapment
- 54-71-KM Davao bike lane network virtually launched
- Service disruptions on July 24 in different areas of Davao City
- RP bets in Olympic Village