The Commission on Elections (Comelec) said all polling precincts finished their voting operations by 7 o’clock last night.
Comelec spokesperson Krishna Caballero yesterday said some precincts were delayed due to malfunctioned voting counting machines (VCMs) and unexpected power interruptions.
This as they expect that all election paraphernalia from the 274 voting centers in the city should be retrieved by 10 o’clock last night.
“Our ballot boxes will be retrieved by our City Treasurer’s Office, our VCMs will be retrieved by our forwarder,” Caballero said yesterday afternoon.
She said Comelec will ensure that not even one election paraphernalia and supplies to be delivered to the central office will be left in the precinct.
By 4 p.m. yesterday, two hours before the voting hour cut off, the Comelec already prepared large boxes for each district in the city.
Important documents to be retrieved include Election Day Computerized Voters List (EDCVL), Posted Computerized Voters List (PCVL) and minutes of voting and counting of voters.
The Comelec is mandated to provide two copies of these documents to the City Treasurer’s Office (CTO), which will then transmit a copy to the assigned election officer. After which, the election officer will forward the copy to the Records and Statistics Division of the Election Records and Statistics Department in Manila.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market