Ma Sara Duterte is hoping for a landslide victory of the senatorial candidates endorsed by the Hugpong ng Pagbabago (HnP) to support the agenda of the current administration.
“In the past three years, we saw that the administration of President Duterte found it hard to push for his agenda especially his campaign promises. That’s why we really worked hard during this campaign to present to the public the senators who understand the vision of the president,” Duterte said after she cast her vote yesterday.
She added that she is hopeful that the turnout of their campaign will translate to the success of the election.
“We discussed (about the landslide win) with the HNP team (Sunday) night. We made an effort from the very start of the campaign period of the local canddates to distribute sample ballots until the very last day that we were allowed to,” she said.
“I hope that the public will translate it today, the actual election day,” she added.
The mayor said she is still nervous on the results of the national and local elections.
The mayor cast her ballot at 8:34 a.m. at Daniel R. Aguinaldo National High School at Matina. She observed fewer voters who turned up in the precinct compared to previous years.
“That is why I said I would like to request everyone to go out and vote. The voting time is from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. and it’s a holiday so I hope they go out,” she said.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat