Ma Sara Duterte is hoping for a landslide victory of the senatorial candidates endorsed by the Hugpong ng Pagbabago (HnP) to support the agenda of the current administration.
“In the past three years, we saw that the administration of President Duterte found it hard to push for his agenda especially his campaign promises. That’s why we really worked hard during this campaign to present to the public the senators who understand the vision of the president,” Duterte said after she cast her vote yesterday.
She added that she is hopeful that the turnout of their campaign will translate to the success of the election.
“We discussed (about the landslide win) with the HNP team (Sunday) night. We made an effort from the very start of the campaign period of the local canddates to distribute sample ballots until the very last day that we were allowed to,” she said.
“I hope that the public will translate it today, the actual election day,” she added.
The mayor said she is still nervous on the results of the national and local elections.
The mayor cast her ballot at 8:34 a.m. at Daniel R. Aguinaldo National High School at Matina. She observed fewer voters who turned up in the precinct compared to previous years.
“That is why I said I would like to request everyone to go out and vote. The voting time is from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. and it’s a holiday so I hope they go out,” she said.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy