Today we will know our new set of leaders both local and national, who will bring the country forward until the next election in 2022.
Yesterday’s political exercise was orderly and peaceful in the region except for the reported violations on vote-buying and the liquor ban and the brief power interruption before the polls.
A hiccup in the otherwise smooth election day was the early morning brownout a few minutes before the polls opened which affected some parts of the city. The Panacan Substation of DLPC had a technical problem which caused the outage. Affected areas, spanning the Diversion Road crossing Mamay Road going to Panacan Proper up to UM Ilang in Tibungco, experienced a two-hour brownout starting 5:47 a.m and was fully restored at 7:52 a.m.
In a press statement, Davao Light said the company “performed gradual restoration of power supply in the affected areas starting at 6:53 a.m. This was implemented by temporarily transferring power load from the affected substation to nearby lines.”
Power outage was also reported in Sitio Polokon, Barangay Megkawayan in Calinan District at 6:30 a.m. and was restored at 7:14 a.m.
DLPC Reputation Enhancement Assistant Vice President Rossano Luga said the unexpected outage did not really affect the voting schedule because “we were able to restore power early in time for the voting”. The quick response of the DLPC in attending to the problem averted what could have been a huge headache for the Comelec, the city and the voting population.
The power firm continues to closely monitor the power situation until the count is over, and we are optimistic that nothing untoward will happen now that we are in the throes of a new political environment.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos