Authorities seized more than P100,000 worth of shabu from a seaman in a buy-bust operation conducted over the weekend.
Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, the officer-in-charge of the Toril Police Station, identified the suspect as Obette Morata Malonzo, 34, single, seaman and resident of Phase 3, Sto. Niño Street, La Verna Hills Subdivision, Barangay Buhangin Proper, Buhangin District.
Clamor said they conducted the operation against Malonzo as he was reported to be selling illegal drugs in Toril District.
The team conducted the operation along Bacaca Road, Barangay 19-B, Poblacion District around 2 a.m.
According to Clamor, the suspect sold a big sachet of shabu to an officer who acted as buyer for P14,000.
During the search, police found another sachet of shabu.
The confiscated drugs was reportedly worth P130,000.
Later that day, the Toril police officer also arrested a drug suspect in Prudential Village, Barangay Daliao, Toril District.
Clamor identified the suspect as Jude Torremonia Lumbayon, 31, single, organizer and resident of Purok 1, Barangay Tungkalan, Toril District.
Clamor said Lumbayon was under surveillance for a month.
He said Lumbayon was apprehended after he sold a small sachet of believed to be shabu to a police who posed as buyer for P500 at 9:30 p.m. on Friday.
The suspects are now detained at the Toril Police Precinct pending the filing of appropriate case for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs act of 2002).
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus