Authorities seized more than P100,000 worth of shabu from a seaman in a buy-bust operation conducted over the weekend.
Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, the officer-in-charge of the Toril Police Station, identified the suspect as Obette Morata Malonzo, 34, single, seaman and resident of Phase 3, Sto. Niño Street, La Verna Hills Subdivision, Barangay Buhangin Proper, Buhangin District.
Clamor said they conducted the operation against Malonzo as he was reported to be selling illegal drugs in Toril District.
The team conducted the operation along Bacaca Road, Barangay 19-B, Poblacion District around 2 a.m.
According to Clamor, the suspect sold a big sachet of shabu to an officer who acted as buyer for P14,000.
During the search, police found another sachet of shabu.
The confiscated drugs was reportedly worth P130,000.
Later that day, the Toril police officer also arrested a drug suspect in Prudential Village, Barangay Daliao, Toril District.
Clamor identified the suspect as Jude Torremonia Lumbayon, 31, single, organizer and resident of Purok 1, Barangay Tungkalan, Toril District.
Clamor said Lumbayon was under surveillance for a month.
He said Lumbayon was apprehended after he sold a small sachet of believed to be shabu to a police who posed as buyer for P500 at 9:30 p.m. on Friday.
The suspects are now detained at the Toril Police Precinct pending the filing of appropriate case for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs act of 2002).
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos