A high-ranking political NPA cadre surrendered, along with two others, to soldiers of the 89th Infantry Battalion, under the 1003rd Infantry Brigade, in Bukidnon on Wednesday.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, the commander 1003rd IB, identified them alias Junjun, 29; alias Garry, 20; and alias Kinkin, 24, all from Barangay Digongan, Kitaotao, Bukidnon.
In his revelation to the soldiers, Junjun said he was the head of the NPA’s political wing, Komiteng Rebolusyonaryo sa Baryo, while Garry was a guerrilla unit squad leader. Meanwhile, Kinkin was a member of the Milisyang Bayan.
“All of them belonged to the Guerilla Front 55, Sub-Regional Committee 5, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee, the terrorist arm of the Communist Party of the Philippines under Joma Sison conducting extortion, killings, sabotage of government equipment recruitment of minors and many more atrocities in the Bukidnon province,” Mempin said.
The trio also pointed where they stashed their firearms. Soldiers recovered two Garand rifles, two Carbine rifles, and an M14 rifle, along with subversive documents.
On April 29, 22 firearms were also recovered by the unit from surrenderrers in Paquibato District, making the recovery total of 27 high-powered firearms in a span of two weeks.
The three will be enrolled in the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program or ECLIP where livelihood benefits and firearms remuneration, among others, await them.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission