A high-ranking political NPA cadre surrendered, along with two others, to soldiers of the 89th Infantry Battalion, under the 1003rd Infantry Brigade, in Bukidnon on Wednesday.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, the commander 1003rd IB, identified them alias Junjun, 29; alias Garry, 20; and alias Kinkin, 24, all from Barangay Digongan, Kitaotao, Bukidnon.
In his revelation to the soldiers, Junjun said he was the head of the NPA’s political wing, Komiteng Rebolusyonaryo sa Baryo, while Garry was a guerrilla unit squad leader. Meanwhile, Kinkin was a member of the Milisyang Bayan.
“All of them belonged to the Guerilla Front 55, Sub-Regional Committee 5, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee, the terrorist arm of the Communist Party of the Philippines under Joma Sison conducting extortion, killings, sabotage of government equipment recruitment of minors and many more atrocities in the Bukidnon province,” Mempin said.
The trio also pointed where they stashed their firearms. Soldiers recovered two Garand rifles, two Carbine rifles, and an M14 rifle, along with subversive documents.
On April 29, 22 firearms were also recovered by the unit from surrenderrers in Paquibato District, making the recovery total of 27 high-powered firearms in a span of two weeks.
The three will be enrolled in the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program or ECLIP where livelihood benefits and firearms remuneration, among others, await them.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories