Church-based volunteers are 90% ready for the upcoming polls.
According to Jimmy-Lou dela Vega, executive director of Davao Association of Catholic Schools (DACS), they are down to preparing final touches for the more than 1,000 volunteers in the City.
However, the numbers are still expected to rise in the last two days before the elections, dela Vega said.
“We are prepared and we are trying to address last minute needs of our volunteers like their identification cards, appointment papers, and t-shirts, and establishing communication networks,” dela Vega said.
The DACS leads in the championing of the election that is Clean, Honest, Accurate, Meaningful, and Peaceful or E-CHAMP advocacy.
Along with the Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPCRV) and other church volunteering ministries, dela Vega said he is “confident the operation will be in place.”
Among the areas that the volunteers will serve for the elections include poll watchers, voters assistants, news gatherers and reporters, prayer warriors and mobile communications group.
Catholic Schools in the city also take part in the elections such as the Holy Cross of Davao College for its Vote for Truth campaign and the Ateneo de Davao University for its Blue Vote campaign.
The DACS vows to provide news information gathered from the field on the day of the election.
“Right now, we are monitoring the final testing and sealing of the vote counting machines which is a national activity,” he updated yesterday.
“Here in our region, our volunteers are stationed in selected voting centers to witness the final testing and sealing of the Commission on Election,” he added.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories