Church-based volunteers are 90% ready for the upcoming polls.
According to Jimmy-Lou dela Vega, executive director of Davao Association of Catholic Schools (DACS), they are down to preparing final touches for the more than 1,000 volunteers in the City.
However, the numbers are still expected to rise in the last two days before the elections, dela Vega said.
“We are prepared and we are trying to address last minute needs of our volunteers like their identification cards, appointment papers, and t-shirts, and establishing communication networks,” dela Vega said.
The DACS leads in the championing of the election that is Clean, Honest, Accurate, Meaningful, and Peaceful or E-CHAMP advocacy.
Along with the Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPCRV) and other church volunteering ministries, dela Vega said he is “confident the operation will be in place.”
Among the areas that the volunteers will serve for the elections include poll watchers, voters assistants, news gatherers and reporters, prayer warriors and mobile communications group.
Catholic Schools in the city also take part in the elections such as the Holy Cross of Davao College for its Vote for Truth campaign and the Ateneo de Davao University for its Blue Vote campaign.
The DACS vows to provide news information gathered from the field on the day of the election.
“Right now, we are monitoring the final testing and sealing of the vote counting machines which is a national activity,” he updated yesterday.
“Here in our region, our volunteers are stationed in selected voting centers to witness the final testing and sealing of the Commission on Election,” he added.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success