The City Council passed a resolution urging all local and national candidates to conduct clean-up operations after the May 13 midterm elections in the city.
During the regular session at the Sangguniang Panglungsod Building on Tuesday, the councilors approved the measure passed under the committee on public safety chaired by Councilor Maria Belen Acosta.
The resolution states “bulk campaign materials and propaganda of candidates were already placed in different areas in the city for the Midterm Election.”
It further stated that “voluntarily removing all remnants of the campaign is a way of expressing magnanimity in this political endeavor.”
The said legislation abides by the Republic Act 9003 or the Ecological Solid Waste Management Act of 2000 and the City Ordinance No. 0371-10 or the Davao City Ecological Solid Waste Management Ordinance of 2009.
“This post-election clean-up operation is in keeping with the Dabawenyos aspiration for a clean and green Davao City,” it said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market