The Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (Tesda) XI is again hosting the regional skills tilt to select representatives for the National Skills Competition, Asean Skills Competition in 2020, and the World Skills Competition in 2021.
Twenty-nine technical-vocational trainees from five provinces of Davao Region will showcase their skills on various areas including Automobile Technology, Beauty Therapy, Cooking, Electrical Installation, Graphic Design Technology, Hairdressing, Information Network Cabling, IT Network Systems Administration, IT Software Solution for Business, Mechanical Engineering CAD, Mechatronics, Fashion Technology, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning, Restaurant Service, Web Design, and Welding.
The event, which started Thursday, will run until May 11 at the Regional Training Center-Korea Philippines Vocational Training Center (RTC-KPVTC) in Tibungco here.
“We are all set and we are excited to witness this year’s battle of skills among our tech-voc trainees and graduates from the various Tesda technology institutions and technical vocational institutions in Davao region,” Tesda XI regional director Lorenzo G. Macapili said.
Other than selecting representatives for higher competitions, the event will also provide a venue for competitors to showcase their skills and for Tesda to assess the capacity and competence of tech-voc trainees, graduates, and industry workers.
Last year, four competitors and five experts from the region represented the country in the 12th ASEAN skills competition in Thailand. One of them, Heinrich M. Omlaan, received a Medallion for Excellence award. He acquired sufficient points to beat the competition standards in welding.
Another Davaoeña, hairdresser Melanie Domingo, is also set to compete for the 2019 World Skills Competition in Russia.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission