Seven suspected drug pushers were arrested while a drug den was dismantled after authorities conducted a buy-bust at San Pedro corner Legaspi streets at 6:20 p.m. on Tuesday.
Agents of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, led by director Antonio Rivera, teamed up with the San Pedro Police Station for the buy-bust, which resulted in the arrest of suspect Stephen Flores Gan.
Noli Nephi Dimaandal, spokesperson of PDEA XI, said Gan was arrested by a PDEA agent who acted as poseur-buyer after receiving the large sachet of shabu worth P15,000.
Dimaandal said authorities also arrested Julius Bautista, Ian Bautista, Martin Velez, Arnil San Juan, Carmela Tan, and Sherlyn Gabutero when they dismantled the suspected drug den.
He said another two sachets of shabu weighing 10.9642 grams with a street value of P164,000, three empty plastic sachets with shabu residue, and assorted drug paraphernalia were also recovered during the anti-drug operation.
The suspects are now detained at the PDEA XI detention facility. The seized contraband was submitted to the laboratory section for examination.
Meanwhile, the suspect faces cases for violation of Republic Act 9165 or “The Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.”
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market