Seven suspected drug pushers were arrested while a drug den was dismantled after authorities conducted a buy-bust at San Pedro corner Legaspi streets at 6:20 p.m. on Tuesday.
Agents of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, led by director Antonio Rivera, teamed up with the San Pedro Police Station for the buy-bust, which resulted in the arrest of suspect Stephen Flores Gan.
Noli Nephi Dimaandal, spokesperson of PDEA XI, said Gan was arrested by a PDEA agent who acted as poseur-buyer after receiving the large sachet of shabu worth P15,000.
Dimaandal said authorities also arrested Julius Bautista, Ian Bautista, Martin Velez, Arnil San Juan, Carmela Tan, and Sherlyn Gabutero when they dismantled the suspected drug den.
He said another two sachets of shabu weighing 10.9642 grams with a street value of P164,000, three empty plastic sachets with shabu residue, and assorted drug paraphernalia were also recovered during the anti-drug operation.
The suspects are now detained at the PDEA XI detention facility. The seized contraband was submitted to the laboratory section for examination.
Meanwhile, the suspect faces cases for violation of Republic Act 9165 or “The Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.”
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized