Davao City –Three local jungolfers hug the limelight after impressive performances at the close of the 2019 U.S. Kids Golf World and Teen World Championships Philippine International Qualifiers held at the Players course of the Orchard Golf and Country Club in Dasmarinas, Cavite recently.
David James Teves, Jia Peliz Ayala Villorente and Jelena Jesu Ayala Villorente took separate age group division wins in the three-day tournament organized by Great Depot, Incorporated together with the Junior Golf Foundation of the Philippines and the Orchard Golf and Country Club.
All three earned slots to the prestigious U.S. Kids Golf World and Teen World Championships which will be held at Pinehurst, North Carolina.
Teves topped the boys eight-years-old division scoring 143 from rounds of 46-49 and 48 while Villorente placed third in the distaff side with 174 coming off a 61-57-56 performance.
Villorente’s elder sister Jelena Jesu also made her presence felt winning second place in the girls 11 years-old category on a 347 total with cards of 107-126 and112.
Another local campaigner Miguel Angelo Fusilero managed to settle fourth place in the boys 15 to 18 years-old division scoring 249 on an 85-86-78 three-day total.
Jia Peliz and Jelena Jesu are grand-daughters of lawyer Jesus V. Ayala and daughters for sportsman-businessman Andy Mark Villorente and Leilani Ayala.
Fusilero who also saw action in this year’s edition of the Philippine Airlines (PAL) Interclub men’s division played at the Cebu Golf and Country Club is a son of PAL Interclub regular campaigner Leo Fusilero and is a student at the Ateneo de Davao University.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories