The City Treasurer’s Office (CTO), along with the assigned election officers, conducted ballot verification for the first district on Thursday to ensure that they will be ready for the Monday’s mid-term elections.
“Because of the urgent memorandum order issued by the Comelec central office to all the election officers nationwide, the ballot verification will be checked by the election officer and the city treasurer,” CTO head Erwin Alparaque said during the iSpeak press conference Thurdsay.
Alparaque said, since May 1, the ballots and other election paraphernalia have started to arrive at the CTO, and there are already a total of 1,139 ballot boxes delivered for all the clustered precincts in Davao City.
“Almost all the election paraphernalia are recieved already in the office. Just this morning, F2 logistics has already delivered in our office the additional supplies needed for the election and some of it are already checked by the City Treasurer’s Office,” Alparaque said.
At 9 a.m. today, officials will hold another ballot verification for the second and third district at Sanguniang Panglungsod.
In all three districts, the city has a total of 984,604 registered voters, 6,549 established precincts, 1,139 clustered precincts, and 274 voting centers.
Alparaque said the Comelec is encouraging all party-list candidates and other stakeholders to send their representatives to witness the verification process.
After the verification on May 10, all ballots will be delivered directly to all polling precincts “so it will no longer be placed under the custody of the municipal treasurer.”
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market