The City Treasurer’s Office (CTO), along with the assigned election officers, conducted ballot verification for the first district on Thursday to ensure that they will be ready for the Monday’s mid-term elections.
“Because of the urgent memorandum order issued by the Comelec central office to all the election officers nationwide, the ballot verification will be checked by the election officer and the city treasurer,” CTO head Erwin Alparaque said during the iSpeak press conference Thurdsay.
Alparaque said, since May 1, the ballots and other election paraphernalia have started to arrive at the CTO, and there are already a total of 1,139 ballot boxes delivered for all the clustered precincts in Davao City.
“Almost all the election paraphernalia are recieved already in the office. Just this morning, F2 logistics has already delivered in our office the additional supplies needed for the election and some of it are already checked by the City Treasurer’s Office,” Alparaque said.
At 9 a.m. today, officials will hold another ballot verification for the second and third district at Sanguniang Panglungsod.
In all three districts, the city has a total of 984,604 registered voters, 6,549 established precincts, 1,139 clustered precincts, and 274 voting centers.
Alparaque said the Comelec is encouraging all party-list candidates and other stakeholders to send their representatives to witness the verification process.
After the verification on May 10, all ballots will be delivered directly to all polling precincts “so it will no longer be placed under the custody of the municipal treasurer.”
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year