Two hundred eighty-eight wanted persons were arrested by the different units of the Police Regional Office XI for the month of April this year.
Police Regional Office XI regional director, Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, said this is part of the PNP’s campaign to be relentless in going after the fugitives of the law.
For the month of April, Morales said 288 of the region’s wanted criminals have been arrested.
“This is part of our continuing efforts to locate and arrest all wanted persons still hiding in different areas of Region XI,” Morales said.
The Davao City Police Office topped the list of accomplishments in the region with a total of 113 arrests. This was followed by Compostela Valley Police Provincial Office with 48 arrests, while Davao del Norte PPO, and Davao del Sur PPO are third and fourth, respectively.
Among the accomplishments, Morales cited the arrest of Noel Presilda alias Nono, a regional medical staff of KOMMID and SMRC, was arrested on April 26, 2019, by virtue of the warrant of arrest issued by Judge Janet Cabalona in Calbiga, Samar for the crime of murder.
Also, Cindy Tirado, an alleged member of the New People’s Army, was killed on April 15, 2019 after personnel of the 71st IB, Tagum City Police Station, and the Davao del Norte Criminal Investigation and Detection Team, served the arrest warrant against her in Barangay Canocotan, Tagum City.
Apparently, her companion, Jay Mendoza, fired at the law enforcers which forced them to retaliate. Mendoza managed to escape.
Since the assumption of Morales in August last year, 2,531 fugitives were already arrested.
Morales said the arrest of fugitives will help maintain peace and security in the community.
“We will never stop until they are all arrested, you can trust on us on that,”Morales said.
Meanwhile, the PRO XI is asking for the public’s cooperation in reporting fugitives as Morales warned that coddling criminals will get them in trouble.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls