Authorities asked the public to refrain from bringing back packs, luggage, and large boxes during the Hugpong ng Pagbabago (HnP) political rally set at Rizal Park starting at 4:30 p.m., Thursday.
City police director Col. Alexander Tagum confirmed that President Rodrigo Duterte will attend the rally to campaign for his candidates.
Tomorrow, May 10, first district councilors under the party will conduct a political rally at the Davao Recreation Center. On Saturday, May 11, the PDP-Laban will hold its own political rally at Rizal Park.
Tagum told reporters Wednesday during the press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya Hotel that they will install chokepoints on all entry points going to Rizal Park and the surrounding area. The roads will also be closed off to traffic.
The City Transport and Traffic Management Office already released an advisory warning motorists to expect traffic because of the road closures.
“They will pass through the security points then we are requesting our people to never bring bags, back packs, and large boxes that will affect or hamper the security forces,” he said.
He said all individuals will pass through the checkpoints. Members of the K9 squad, Davao Auxiliary, police, and Task Force Davao will also conduct patrols before and during the event.
“So if they will insist in bringing their bags, we advise them not to bring anymore,” he added.
Task Force Davao commander, Col. Consolito Yecla, said they already have a security protocol in place that has been successfully implemented in previous major events.
“We will also ensure that our vendors are checked and we will inspect control points and the areas will be properly inspected like garbage bins, shrubs, (and the like),” Yecla said.
- Composite teams named for COVID vaccination program
- Marawi, Lanao Sur MSMEs to benefit from Plant Tissue Lab
- READY FOR JABBING | Almost 100% of 2,300 DCPO members willing to be vaccinated
- Over 500,000 identified for the vaccination priority list
- PARADIGM SHIFT | Why Is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Silent on China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims When the United States Alleges Genocide?
- PNIA primed to boost nickel sector
- Choice Mart is now on foodpanda
- Public urged: Watch out for entities using games, franchise programs
- BDO offers QR Code withdrawals from select ATMs
- Your next best roommate could be a plant