The police yesterday launched the Asin at iLaw Movement (salt and light) at the Davao City Police Office parade grounds.
Col. Alexander Tagum, city police director, said the movement is intended to promote fair and clean election, as well as good governance.
“The intended purpose is to ask for the public not to receive any bribes from the politicians for this election but to know well the candidates that they will vote,” Tagum said.
The movement was launched together with Department of Education XI, Commission on Elections XI, transport sector, and local government units.
“Hopefully, we can reach a wider audience so the people will understand the Asin at Ilaw,” He said.
In a separate interview with reporters, Gay Enumerables, assistant regional director of Comelec XI, commended the DCPO for the initiative. The official said it’s the first time for the Comelec to join this kind of activity.
“This is effective because they involved the community, together with the pastors,” she said.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission