The police yesterday launched the Asin at iLaw Movement (salt and light) at the Davao City Police Office parade grounds.
Col. Alexander Tagum, city police director, said the movement is intended to promote fair and clean election, as well as good governance.
“The intended purpose is to ask for the public not to receive any bribes from the politicians for this election but to know well the candidates that they will vote,” Tagum said.
The movement was launched together with Department of Education XI, Commission on Elections XI, transport sector, and local government units.
“Hopefully, we can reach a wider audience so the people will understand the Asin at Ilaw,” He said.
In a separate interview with reporters, Gay Enumerables, assistant regional director of Comelec XI, commended the DCPO for the initiative. The official said it’s the first time for the Comelec to join this kind of activity.
“This is effective because they involved the community, together with the pastors,” she said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021