The police yesterday launched the Asin at iLaw Movement (salt and light) at the Davao City Police Office parade grounds.
Col. Alexander Tagum, city police director, said the movement is intended to promote fair and clean election, as well as good governance.
“The intended purpose is to ask for the public not to receive any bribes from the politicians for this election but to know well the candidates that they will vote,” Tagum said.
The movement was launched together with Department of Education XI, Commission on Elections XI, transport sector, and local government units.
“Hopefully, we can reach a wider audience so the people will understand the Asin at Ilaw,” He said.
In a separate interview with reporters, Gay Enumerables, assistant regional director of Comelec XI, commended the DCPO for the initiative. The official said it’s the first time for the Comelec to join this kind of activity.
“This is effective because they involved the community, together with the pastors,” she said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon