The police yesterday launched the Asin at iLaw Movement (salt and light) at the Davao City Police Office parade grounds.
Col. Alexander Tagum, city police director, said the movement is intended to promote fair and clean election, as well as good governance.
“The intended purpose is to ask for the public not to receive any bribes from the politicians for this election but to know well the candidates that they will vote,” Tagum said.
The movement was launched together with Department of Education XI, Commission on Elections XI, transport sector, and local government units.
“Hopefully, we can reach a wider audience so the people will understand the Asin at Ilaw,” He said.
In a separate interview with reporters, Gay Enumerables, assistant regional director of Comelec XI, commended the DCPO for the initiative. The official said it’s the first time for the Comelec to join this kind of activity.
“This is effective because they involved the community, together with the pastors,” she said.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls