The Eastern Mindanao Command is all set for mid-term elections this coming Monday, May 13.
Col. Ezra Balagtey, spokesperson of Eastern Mindanao Command, said the soldiers are conducting support activities and security operations to protect the communities from communist rebels and other criminals.
Also, they serve as escorts to safeguard the ballot boxes and election paraphernalia in the different polling centers.
This is part of the Comprehensive and Integrated Security Plan agreed upon by the Commission on Elections (Comelec), Armed Forces of the Philippines, Philippine National Police, and Joint Security Coordinating Committee.
Lt. General Felimon T. Santos Jr., EastMinCom chief, has already directed his personnel to support the PNP as the need arises.
Likewise, the AFP transport equipment, such as floating and flying assets, are on call by both the Comelec and the police.
Meanwhile, Santos encouraged the public to exercise their freedom to vote and assured everyone of a safe election.
“Go out and vote come election time. With the close coordination of the PNP and Comelec, and the security mechanism we have set, we are assuring the general public that the Command will be working for the safe and secure conduct of election in Eastern Mindanao so that everyone will be allowed to exercise their freedom to elect their leaders without force and coercion,” he said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021