The Eastern Mindanao Command is all set for mid-term elections this coming Monday, May 13.
Col. Ezra Balagtey, spokesperson of Eastern Mindanao Command, said the soldiers are conducting support activities and security operations to protect the communities from communist rebels and other criminals.
Also, they serve as escorts to safeguard the ballot boxes and election paraphernalia in the different polling centers.
This is part of the Comprehensive and Integrated Security Plan agreed upon by the Commission on Elections (Comelec), Armed Forces of the Philippines, Philippine National Police, and Joint Security Coordinating Committee.
Lt. General Felimon T. Santos Jr., EastMinCom chief, has already directed his personnel to support the PNP as the need arises.
Likewise, the AFP transport equipment, such as floating and flying assets, are on call by both the Comelec and the police.
Meanwhile, Santos encouraged the public to exercise their freedom to vote and assured everyone of a safe election.
“Go out and vote come election time. With the close coordination of the PNP and Comelec, and the security mechanism we have set, we are assuring the general public that the Command will be working for the safe and secure conduct of election in Eastern Mindanao so that everyone will be allowed to exercise their freedom to elect their leaders without force and coercion,” he said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success