The City government has vowed to assist farmers and fisherfolk as part of its program to ensure food supply availability especially with the onslaught of the dry spell, an official said.
“The City Agriculture Office, together with the Department of Agriculture, has always been present in this kind of scenarios. There are insurance available for farmers, there are replenishment of seeds and seedlings, including fertilizers and the distribution of water pumps,” said City Agriculturist Leo Brian Leuterio as the city government launched the 2019 Farmers and Fisherfolk Month.
As part of the event, the agency will go to the various farming areas in the city to hold events in line with the celebration.
“It (the monthlong event) is like a fiesta so the agricultural district will gather. They have been provided with support so that they will be able to hold their own celebration. We invited farmers group to give them recognition in time for this celebration,”Leuterio said.
He said the city government launched the month to highlight the need for the abundance of food and express gratitude to farmers and fisherfolk who are essential to achieve this.
“This activity is just right to give time to gratify people in the agriculture sector especially the farmers and the fisherfolk,” said City Agriculturist Leo Brian Leuterio said.
The activity will run throughout the month of May and will go through every district in the city.
The activity will circle on the theme “Pag-amoma sa mga Mangingisda ug Mag-uuma ipadayon, abundang pagkaon atong maangkon.”
“We are scheduled to go around farming areas throughout the city for the whole month of May. We will go to Calinan, Tugbok, Buhangin, Paquiabato, Marilog, Toril, and Talomo,” he added.
The Farmers and Fisherfolk Month is annually observed in the month of May pursuant to Presidential Proclamation No. 33 issued on May 21, 1989.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021