A tricycle driver was arrested after he allegedly snatched the necklace of an Indian national while buying food in an eatery along Mariner Street, Doña Vicenta around 5 p.m. on Saturday.
Maj. Melvin Violan, the commander of San Pedro Police Station, identified the suspect as Arjay Fuerzas Lawis, 27, a resident of Gotamco, Agdao, was apprehended while policemen are conducting mobile patrol.
Violan alleged that Lawis grabbed the gold necklace of Naresh Kumar Senthil Kumar, 23, currently residing in Doña Vicenta Village. The victim claimed the necklace is worth P40,000.
The suspect fled on board a single blue Honda XRM motorcycle bearing Plate No. IW 7471, driven by his cohort identified only as alias Rigor, who was waiting a few meters away.
Upon reaching Jacinto Extension, the suspects bumped their motorcycle on a Mazda sedan with plate number AAG5422 owned by Zaldy de Castro Magnaye.
A patrolling police officer saw the incident and arrested Lawis. His companion managed to escape.
Recovered from him was the stolen gold necklace.
The suspect was then brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center to undergo mandatory medical examination while a manhunt was launched against his accomplice.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market