A tricycle driver was arrested after he allegedly snatched the necklace of an Indian national while buying food in an eatery along Mariner Street, Doña Vicenta around 5 p.m. on Saturday.
Maj. Melvin Violan, the commander of San Pedro Police Station, identified the suspect as Arjay Fuerzas Lawis, 27, a resident of Gotamco, Agdao, was apprehended while policemen are conducting mobile patrol.
Violan alleged that Lawis grabbed the gold necklace of Naresh Kumar Senthil Kumar, 23, currently residing in Doña Vicenta Village. The victim claimed the necklace is worth P40,000.
The suspect fled on board a single blue Honda XRM motorcycle bearing Plate No. IW 7471, driven by his cohort identified only as alias Rigor, who was waiting a few meters away.
Upon reaching Jacinto Extension, the suspects bumped their motorcycle on a Mazda sedan with plate number AAG5422 owned by Zaldy de Castro Magnaye.
A patrolling police officer saw the incident and arrested Lawis. His companion managed to escape.
Recovered from him was the stolen gold necklace.
The suspect was then brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center to undergo mandatory medical examination while a manhunt was launched against his accomplice.
- Overhauling the Philippine education system
- STATEMENT |
- DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS | Prime Minister SUGA Yoshihide and President Rodrigo Duterte on the occasion of the 65th Anniversary of Japan-Philippines Friendship
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- NEW FEATURE | Residents can choose vax schedule using DQR
- 19 undergo process to return to mainstream society
- Program to provide help to those affected by HPBS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES | JULY 29, 2021
- Mindanawan lass slays US air defense artillery course