A tricycle driver was arrested after he allegedly snatched the necklace of an Indian national while buying food in an eatery along Mariner Street, Doña Vicenta around 5 p.m. on Saturday.
Maj. Melvin Violan, the commander of San Pedro Police Station, identified the suspect as Arjay Fuerzas Lawis, 27, a resident of Gotamco, Agdao, was apprehended while policemen are conducting mobile patrol.
Violan alleged that Lawis grabbed the gold necklace of Naresh Kumar Senthil Kumar, 23, currently residing in Doña Vicenta Village. The victim claimed the necklace is worth P40,000.
The suspect fled on board a single blue Honda XRM motorcycle bearing Plate No. IW 7471, driven by his cohort identified only as alias Rigor, who was waiting a few meters away.
Upon reaching Jacinto Extension, the suspects bumped their motorcycle on a Mazda sedan with plate number AAG5422 owned by Zaldy de Castro Magnaye.
A patrolling police officer saw the incident and arrested Lawis. His companion managed to escape.
Recovered from him was the stolen gold necklace.
The suspect was then brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center to undergo mandatory medical examination while a manhunt was launched against his accomplice.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized