Mayor Sara Duterte said members of the Hugpong ng Pagbabago-Hugpong sa Tawong Lungsod (HNP-HTL) alliance who pay the New People’s Army (NPA) to get campaign permit will be ousted.
Duterte said she received reports that some candidates were asked by the NPA to give money, rice, and other stuff.
“We will really junk them once we confirmed that the resources that we have were given to the NPA,” she added.
The HNP-HTL, in a media statement, said “paying the NPA is tantamount to bowing down to them and subscribing to their destructive ideology.”
The warning, according to the mayor, only applies to all candidates in the city under the said alliance.
“This statement is for the local candidates of HNP-HTL for Davao City (only) because the junking will depend on (who is) in-charge,” she said. In the provinces, the governor candidates are in-charge.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market