Authorities yesterday said the recent Palarong Pambansa 2019 conducted in the city was successful as no any major incident happen.
“We don’t have (recorded) major incidents received although there are complaints but it is only minor like the thievery in Calinan School but the suspect was arrested,” Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, the PRO XI director, told reporters in an interview.
“Our security personnel immediately responded there so they were able to arrest the theft suspect,” he added.
The regional director said so far there were no other complaints received. In fact, the visitors are happy while here in Davao because the preparations went well.
In a separate interview, Jenielito Atillo, the spokesperson of Department of Education XI, thanked the local government in the city, headed by Mayor Sara Duterte, the University of the Philippines, and the DepEd-Davao City.
“We salute the men and women of the PNP and armed forces as our partners were almost sleepless and to our teachers who are in the billeting quarters,” Atillo said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months