Authorities yesterday said the recent Palarong Pambansa 2019 conducted in the city was successful as no any major incident happen.
“We don’t have (recorded) major incidents received although there are complaints but it is only minor like the thievery in Calinan School but the suspect was arrested,” Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, the PRO XI director, told reporters in an interview.
“Our security personnel immediately responded there so they were able to arrest the theft suspect,” he added.
The regional director said so far there were no other complaints received. In fact, the visitors are happy while here in Davao because the preparations went well.
In a separate interview, Jenielito Atillo, the spokesperson of Department of Education XI, thanked the local government in the city, headed by Mayor Sara Duterte, the University of the Philippines, and the DepEd-Davao City.
“We salute the men and women of the PNP and armed forces as our partners were almost sleepless and to our teachers who are in the billeting quarters,” Atillo said.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach