The regional office of the Department of Science and Technology is undertaking a study to help reduce production cost as well as penetrate the market for Halal products.
The regional director of the agency, Anthony Sales, said this initiative is part of their national program on Halal as it focuses on banana-based, chicken meat-based food and regional delicacies in Mindanao for food product while lipstick, shampoo, soap and toothbrush/toothpaste for non-food.
“Through R&D (research and development), we can bring down the costs, increase productivity, increase our contribution to the manufacturing output and increase our contribution to the GDP (Gross Domestic Product) and GNP (Gross National Product)” Sales said during the media forum which was part of the Philippine Halal Trade and Tourism Expo.
One practical way of reducing production cost, Sales said, is for producers of Halal merchandises to eliminate prohibited components as Halal adheres to the teaching of Islam.
The agency encouraged MSMEs in the industry to avail of their innovation fund,the Small Enterprise Technology Upgrading Program (SETUP), which is designed “to assist them to adopt technology innovations, improve their business operations, and boost their productivity and competitiveness”.
DOST is also offering a verification services as another way to support halal industry as the city has already a halal verification laboratory established by the agency to provide science mechanisms as the basis for the certification.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success