A minor, alleged to be a notorious robbery suspect, was killed in a buy-bust operation conducted by San Pedro Police Station officers early yesterday morning in Bucana.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, police regional director, identified the fatality as a certain Joben, a 17-year-old tricycle driver and resident of St John, Barangay Bucana (76-A), Talomo District.
Morales said the Station Drug Enforcement Team (SDET) of the San Pedro Police in coordination with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI conducted the operation in Purok 14-B, Busna, Bucana,
He said a police operative acting as poseur buyer was able to buy from the suspect a rectangular resealable plastic sachet containing suspected dried marijuana leaves with fruiting tops for P500 at around 2:50 a.m.
However, the suspect apparently sensed that he was dealing with an undercover police officer.
As he was about to be arrested, he allegedly pulled a caliber .38 revolver tucked on his waist.
The suspect allegedly shot the police operative. This prompted the officer to fire back.
The Scene of the Crime Operatives recovered a Taurus brand caliber .38 revolver without serial number with three rounds of live bullets, a fired cartridge, and a fired cartridge case of caliber .9mm.
Morales said Joben was considered as a street level target.
The police director said Joben was also involved in a several robbery incidents in the barangay
He said Joben was involved in the robbery of a taxi driver in Quimpo Boulevard last April 27.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized