A retired senior police officer was stabbed to death early Friday morning in Barangay Central, Mati City, Davao Oriental.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, the Davao Police Regional Office director, identified the victim as Artiaga Labid Rodolfo, 68, of Magsaysay-1B, Barangay Central. He was a retired highway patrol police officer with the rank of SPO4 assigned in Davao Oriental.
Morales identified the suspect as Jocil Dolores, 30, single, jobless and resident of same place.
Initial investigation disclosed that at 5:15 a.m. on Friday, the victim was walking in the street of Purok Magsaysay-1B.
Without any warning, the suspect allegedly attacked the victim.
The suspect allegedly stabbed the retired officer with a 14-inch knife several times, causing the death of the victim who sustained multiple stab wounds in the different parts of his body.
A police officer who was conducting patrol near the crime scene responded to the call and arrested the suspect.
Investigators said a personal grudge between the two could have triggered the crime.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales commended the immediate response of the patrol officer.
He said the deployment of police officers on the streets boosts the efforts against all forms criminalities.
The suspect is now detained at the Mati City Police Station pending the filing of the case.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months