A retired senior police officer was stabbed to death early Friday morning in Barangay Central, Mati City, Davao Oriental.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, the Davao Police Regional Office director, identified the victim as Artiaga Labid Rodolfo, 68, of Magsaysay-1B, Barangay Central. He was a retired highway patrol police officer with the rank of SPO4 assigned in Davao Oriental.
Morales identified the suspect as Jocil Dolores, 30, single, jobless and resident of same place.
Initial investigation disclosed that at 5:15 a.m. on Friday, the victim was walking in the street of Purok Magsaysay-1B.
Without any warning, the suspect allegedly attacked the victim.
The suspect allegedly stabbed the retired officer with a 14-inch knife several times, causing the death of the victim who sustained multiple stab wounds in the different parts of his body.
A police officer who was conducting patrol near the crime scene responded to the call and arrested the suspect.
Investigators said a personal grudge between the two could have triggered the crime.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales commended the immediate response of the patrol officer.
He said the deployment of police officers on the streets boosts the efforts against all forms criminalities.
The suspect is now detained at the Mati City Police Station pending the filing of the case.
- Overhauling the Philippine education system
- STATEMENT |
- DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS | Prime Minister SUGA Yoshihide and President Rodrigo Duterte on the occasion of the 65th Anniversary of Japan-Philippines Friendship
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- NEW FEATURE | Residents can choose vax schedule using DQR
- 19 undergo process to return to mainstream society
- Program to provide help to those affected by HPBS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES | JULY 29, 2021
- Mindanawan lass slays US air defense artillery course