The Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) launched its scholarship program “Tsuper Iskolar” in Davao region on Friday to cater more diverse audience including rebel returnees and Indigenous People (IPs).
The scholarship program has a total of 700 beneficiaries, 280 of which are rebel returnees and 120 IPS, the rest are comprised of drivers, operators and their dependents.
This program was created through a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) signed last Dec. 11, 2018 in partnership with the Department of Transportation (DOTr) that will provide skills training and social assistance for the stakeholders as identified under the Public Utility Vehicle odernization Program (PUVMP).
The inclusion of the rebel returnees is part of the peace-building advocacy of President Rodrigo Duterte under Executive Order No. 70, otherwise known as the “Task Force Balik Loob” and the Enchanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-Clip).
All beneficiaries can choose any of the skills training offered by TESDA including Driving, Speed Limiter Installation, Fleet Management, Automotive Servicing, Safety Officers, and other skills and livelihood trainings.
“We allocated P350 million for this program for the whole year. This is not only a one time program because we, the officials are aiming for the continuity of this project. As many as those who are willing to participate, we will welcome them with open arms,” DOTr Secretary Arthur Tugade said in a press conference during the lauching.
TESDA XI Regional Director Lorenzo Macapili said they are still waiting for the central office to download funds intended for the region and while they are waiting, they will continue with the profiling processes of the beneficiaries and action planning in coordination with the Local Government Unit (LGU).
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success