As the country observed Labor Day on Wednesday, city police swooped in on urban poor communities, arresting 23 persons with warrants of arrest.
The Oplan Kalinaw was simultaneously conducted in some parts of the city, resulting in the identity/background check and profiling of 1,267 residents, including 18 persons who have no valid identification cards.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, PRO 11 regional director, identified those arrested as Richie Dalman Cabango, Jovert Goc-ong, and Ricardo Hemellian Dalaguit (rape cases); Ofelia Magnayon Molina, John Brian Montero Delina, Russel Bibangco Peleño, Edlil Lesaca Pregon, Jic G Jarmin, Ryan Estrelado Tabayag, and Oliver Edrada Agbisit (illegal drugs); Vincent Joseph Bongoyan Lanutan, Lemeul Baba Lanutan and Lea Inguio Lanutan (malicious mischief); Villasenda Malabarabs and Alexis Palmera Peñol (gambling); Jelan Cañete Antoque and Leilani Desales Ramos (child abuse); Eduardo Lustre Plasabas and Freishel Joy Zerrudo Bañagaso (libel); Ariel Tusan Micoy (SSS law); Benjie Getoya Warain (attempted murder); John Micheal Oniola Cagampang (reckless imprudence resulting in damage to property) and Rymuel Sugitarius Plaza (charge not stated).
Led by the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) , the operation was assisted by the Task Force Davao, Philippine Coast Guard 11, National Intelligence Coordinating Agency 11, Bureau of Fire and Protection 11, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group 11, Regional Intelligence Unit, 44th Special Action Company, and City Health Office.
Morales said they will continue to hunt down wanted persons even in far-flung areas, and put them behind bars of justice.
“The whole PNP (Philippine National Police) is after you. Wala kayong kawala (You have no escape),” he added.
- Overhauling the Philippine education system
- STATEMENT |
- DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS | Prime Minister SUGA Yoshihide and President Rodrigo Duterte on the occasion of the 65th Anniversary of Japan-Philippines Friendship
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- NEW FEATURE | Residents can choose vax schedule using DQR
- 19 undergo process to return to mainstream society
- Program to provide help to those affected by HPBS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES | JULY 29, 2021
- Mindanawan lass slays US air defense artillery course