About 180 job applicants were hired on the spot out of 2,761 who were interviewed during the first day of the Trabaho, Negosyo, Kabuhayan (TNK) Job and Business Fair on Wednesday, the regional office of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) reported.
Based on the data obtained from the agency, of those hired, 126 were for local employment while the rest were for jobs abroad.
Jason P. Balais, assistant regional director of the agency, said that those who were hired came prepared. “It is really important to ready all their documents,” Balais said.
However, the number of hired applicants was just about 9% of the entire number of applicants who trooped to the venue of the event.
In the past, the number was about 15%.
The report added that of the 1,861 applicants who submitted their documents, only 62% were able to qualify based on the employer’s qualification standards.
The event this year offered 3,301 vacancies for local employment and 4,682 overseas jobs.
Alongside with the job fair were several trainings, including those highlighting business opportunities in the region.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories