About 180 job applicants were hired on the spot out of 2,761 who were interviewed during the first day of the Trabaho, Negosyo, Kabuhayan (TNK) Job and Business Fair on Wednesday, the regional office of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) reported.
Based on the data obtained from the agency, of those hired, 126 were for local employment while the rest were for jobs abroad.
Jason P. Balais, assistant regional director of the agency, said that those who were hired came prepared. “It is really important to ready all their documents,” Balais said.
However, the number of hired applicants was just about 9% of the entire number of applicants who trooped to the venue of the event.
In the past, the number was about 15%.
The report added that of the 1,861 applicants who submitted their documents, only 62% were able to qualify based on the employer’s qualification standards.
The event this year offered 3,301 vacancies for local employment and 4,682 overseas jobs.
Alongside with the job fair were several trainings, including those highlighting business opportunities in the region.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon