The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) XI awarded certificates of entitlement worth P4 million to six organizations and cooperatives for livelihood projects yesterday at the Trabaho, Negosyo, Kabuhayan Job and Business Fair.
Krystelle Salon Academie, Inc. of Mati City and Governor Generoso town received P1 million for the project’s starter kits. Balet Fisherfolk Association of the Island Garden City of Samal also received the same amount for its deep-sea fishing tools and garments.
A certificate of entitlement worth P998,500 was also given to a stationery rice mill project proposed by the Libasan Primary Multipurpose Cooperative of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley.
The Samahang Manggagawa ng Lapanday Guihing also received P499,700 for its SAMALAG Grocery Store while P806,880 worth of livelihood assistance was given to Colman Multipurpose Cooperative for its Colman Laundry Shop and P500,000 for the San Lorenzo Ruiz Socio-economic Development Foundation Inc. for its garment making project.
“They already submitted project proposals but they are still subject to the completion of the documents.
After complying with the documents we can already implement the project in every organization,” DOLE XI Livelihood focal person Rodrigo Roble told TIMES on Wednesday.
This livelihood assistance is under the DOLE Integrated Livelihood Program (DILP) that aims “to provide technical and livelihood assistance for the promotion of entrepreneurship and community enterprises through convergence scheme.”
In 2018, DOLE XI already assisted about 50 livelihood projects across the region that benefited 3,242 individuals. There were 10 project proposals during the first quarter of 2019, four of which were already implemented last February.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market