The City Government will donate P7.8 million to 22 areas severely affected by the dry spell.
In yesterday’s regular session, city councilors passed an ordinance granting financial aid to 18 towns, two cities, and two provinces.
The measure was pushed by the Committee on Finance, Ways, and Means chaired by Danilo Dayanghirang.
The city will provide P1 million to Camarines Sur in Bicol Region. The cities of Zamboanga and Kidapawan will get P500,000 and the town of Sultan Kudarat will get P400,000.
In addition, the city will also give aid to the municipalities of San Isidro, Davao Oriental (P300,000); Alabel, Sarangani (P300,000); Matalam, Cotabato (P300,000); Alamada, Cotabato (P300,000); Aleosan, North Cotabato (P300,000); Magpet, Cotabato (P300,000); Pigcawayan, Cotabato (P300,000); Mlang, Cotabato (P300,000); Pikit, Cotabato (P300,000); Tulunan, Cotabato (P300,000); Arakan, Cotabato (P300,000); Bagumbayan, Sultan Kudarat (P300,000); Lutayan, Sultan Kudarat (P300,000); Paracelis, Mountain Province (P300,000); Dupax del Norte (P300,000); Santa Barbara, Iloilo (P300,000); Janiuay, Iloilo (P300,000); and Maasin, Iloilo (P300,000).
“Some municipalities, cities, and provinces were greatly affected by the dry spell. This is the second wave of the financial assistance the City Government will extend,” City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office chief Alfredo Baloran told reporters on the sidelines of the session.
Last week, the council initially approved financial aid amounting to P3.4 million to various areas declared as under the state of calamity due to dry spell.
“This assistance will be coursed through the Philippine Red Cross. They will be the one to disburse the amount to the recipient with close supervision of the Commission on Audit,” Baloran said.
With the election ban, the aid will be given in a form of check under the name of the Philippine Red Cross.
“Here in the city, we have very minimal effects and we experienced that almost every day, parts of the city experience light to moderate rains,” Baloran said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market