A policeman was arrested yesterday morning for allegedly stealing money from a police trainee inside the regional police center in Barangay Mintal, Tugbok District.
Chief Insp. Ricky Obenza, commander of Tugbok Police Station, identified the suspect as Corporal John Francis Llego Casicnan, 27, single, and presently assigned at the Mati Police Station in Mati City, Davao Oriental.
Aside from theft, Casicnan was also charged yesterday for violating the election gun ban as he was bringing his government-issued firearm while in civilian attire.
Complainant patrolwoman Rhealen Arce Aure, 22, single, accused Casicnan of taking P5,000 from her wallet inside the female barracks at the Regional Training Center 11 in San Francisco Street, Barangay Mintal around 8:30 a.m. yesterday.
Aure is undergoing a public safety basic recruit course at the training center, while Casicnan claimed he was visiting a friend inside the training center. The training center was having their Recognition Day.
Right after Casicnan was restrained at the barrack, the alleged stolen money was recovered from his possession.
When he was taken out of the barracks, Casicnan allegedly threw something. Witnesses found it and they recovered P6,000.
Arresting officers believed that the money could be from another victim.
During the search on his sling bag, officers found one
Glock pistol with serial number PNP72157 with two magazines loaded with 29 bullets, one cellular phone, various identification cards, including his police ID card, and P2,350 cash.
Casicnan is currently detained at the Tugbok Police Station.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online