A policeman was arrested yesterday morning for allegedly stealing money from a police trainee inside the regional police center in Barangay Mintal, Tugbok District.
Chief Insp. Ricky Obenza, commander of Tugbok Police Station, identified the suspect as Corporal John Francis Llego Casicnan, 27, single, and presently assigned at the Mati Police Station in Mati City, Davao Oriental.
Aside from theft, Casicnan was also charged yesterday for violating the election gun ban as he was bringing his government-issued firearm while in civilian attire.
Complainant patrolwoman Rhealen Arce Aure, 22, single, accused Casicnan of taking P5,000 from her wallet inside the female barracks at the Regional Training Center 11 in San Francisco Street, Barangay Mintal around 8:30 a.m. yesterday.
Aure is undergoing a public safety basic recruit course at the training center, while Casicnan claimed he was visiting a friend inside the training center. The training center was having their Recognition Day.
Right after Casicnan was restrained at the barrack, the alleged stolen money was recovered from his possession.
When he was taken out of the barracks, Casicnan allegedly threw something. Witnesses found it and they recovered P6,000.
Arresting officers believed that the money could be from another victim.
During the search on his sling bag, officers found one
Glock pistol with serial number PNP72157 with two magazines loaded with 29 bullets, one cellular phone, various identification cards, including his police ID card, and P2,350 cash.
Casicnan is currently detained at the Tugbok Police Station.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success