The Department of Labor and Employment XI has earmarked P4.9 million for the Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa Ating Disadvantaged/Displaced (Tupad) program in May.
“Tupad is one of the assistance packages for the unemployed, displaced, and underemployed workers,” Erlinda Mamitag, city labor officer of DOLE XI, told reporters in the sidelines of the flag ceremony at City Hall grounds yesterday.
The DOLE has partnered with the city government to identify beneficiaries of the program.
“We have the Public Employment Service Office that will be the one to take charge of the documentary requirements of the beneficiaries of Tupad,” Mamitag said.
“They will be the one to scrutinize, accept, and check the completeness of the documents to be submitted.”
The DOLE XI, in coordination with the City Social Services and Development Office, targets those who were affected with the northeast monsoon in January that caused flooding in several areas in the city.
“The Tupad will provide jobs such as for the desilting of the canals, cleanup of streets, and assistance in structures to be done for government buildings,” Mamitag said.
“However, the program of work will be submitted by the city government so that we will know what type of work will these beneficiaries do,” she added.
Under Tupad, beneficiaries will have a minimum of 10 days to a maximum of 30 days’ work with an allowance of P396 per day, which is the minimum wage.
The DOLE XI has yet to determine the number of beneficiaries for Tupad, according to Mamitag.
“We will still have to check on the number of beneficiaries but the budget is at 4.9 million to be divided at P396 per day and the number of days they will serve so that we can come up with the number of beneficiaries,” she said.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JULY 22, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FASTLANES | Umang – the hermit crab
- BECOMING A DABAWENYO | Concerns about bicycle lanes
- FROM THE MAIL | Curbing Insurgency, a Duterte Legacy
- ROUGH CUTS | Signs of running scared?
- HIGH-VALUE TARGET | CTTMO worker caught in anti-drug entrapment
- 54-71-KM Davao bike lane network virtually launched
- Service disruptions on July 24 in different areas of Davao City
- RP bets in Olympic Village