A campaign manager of a Davao del Norte politician was arrested after an improvised tooter was allegedly found in his possession while he was passing through the joint Task Force Davao and Bunawan police checkpoint on Saturday morning.
The suspect was identified as Kelly Muñez Delgado, 39, a resident of IFI compound, F. Torres Street, Barangay 9-A, Davao City.
Col. Consolito Yecla, the commander of the Task Force Davao, said that Task Group Lawin, led by Staff Sgt. Marlon Enga and the Bunawan police, led by Maj. Noel Villahermosa, were conducting checkpoint operations Sitio Licanan, Barangay Lasang, Bunawan District.
The suspect and the evidence were turned over to the Bunawan police.
Villahermosa said they will file the case for violation of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 this afternoon against the suspect.
“The case will be filed today and I think he will also take a bail bond,” he said.
Upon his revelation, Villahermosa said that the suspect claimed to be a member of Karapatan for 10 years but is now working as a campaign manager for a politician.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021