A campaign manager of a Davao del Norte politician was arrested after an improvised tooter was allegedly found in his possession while he was passing through the joint Task Force Davao and Bunawan police checkpoint on Saturday morning.
The suspect was identified as Kelly Muñez Delgado, 39, a resident of IFI compound, F. Torres Street, Barangay 9-A, Davao City.
Col. Consolito Yecla, the commander of the Task Force Davao, said that Task Group Lawin, led by Staff Sgt. Marlon Enga and the Bunawan police, led by Maj. Noel Villahermosa, were conducting checkpoint operations Sitio Licanan, Barangay Lasang, Bunawan District.
The suspect and the evidence were turned over to the Bunawan police.
Villahermosa said they will file the case for violation of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 this afternoon against the suspect.
“The case will be filed today and I think he will also take a bail bond,” he said.
Upon his revelation, Villahermosa said that the suspect claimed to be a member of Karapatan for 10 years but is now working as a campaign manager for a politician.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon